We regularly correspond with people asking for advice and guidance in storing their collections safely. We provide this and collecting advice for novice and advanced collectors and also those that have just found an odd or interesting coin and want help identifying it or it’s value. We do this through this site and our weblog. We are also members of the Australian Coin Forum.
The Purple Penny
Shop 2/2-4 Hurtle Parade, Mawson Lakes
4.9 106 reviews
- jon hp ★★★★★ in the last weekVery fast post.
Item well protected.
Item well priced.
Will definately purchase here again.
- Del Hudson ★★★★★ in the last weekI received my coins within 2 days of ordering them. I am very happy with the service I received & the quality of my coins. I will certainly deal with them again
- Yasi Ilic ★★★★★ a week agoABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!! The Purple Penny is such a Blessing! I recently purchased from them for the first time & let me assure you, that it won't be my last. THANK YOU Kathryn & Mark for providing such a variety of coins(including … More hard to find) @ the Best prices!! Such a Trustworthy, Kind & very Professional pair, who are willing to go above & beyond to look after their customers. Can't wait to visit the store & Thank them both personally! 😀
- David Blair ★★★★★ 3 weeks agoLove dealing with Mark & Kathryn. I know I will get the item I paid for & it always arrives packed for protection & in good time. Somehow they can have your package posted before other businesses have even found time to acknowledge … More a sale.
I highly recommend The Purple Penny.
- Cody Hart ★★★★★ a month agoWent to the purple penny for the first time a few weeks ago and will definitely be back! The owners of this store are great people who are interested in having a conversation with you and help educate you about collecting if you are new … More to it. Definitely recommend paying them a visit and can always 100% trust this business. Will definitely be back when I find the time!
- Richard Overton ★★★★★ 7 months agoFast Friendly Service, Unique Items, and Great Prices, Better than Competitive! Best of All Local State Based and Findable easy Contactable. Could View Items if required before Purchase, So Important! in this Internet Transaction World. … More Im a Fan. Rate 10+ on My Scale!
- Rob Colborne ★★★★★ 7 months agoI’ve recently had a number of dealings with The Purple Penny. They’ve all been very positive.
It’s rare to find a coin dealer that is actually forthcoming with their knowledge and open and honest. The people at The Purple Penny have … More always given me their best advice even if it could potentially cost them a sale.
This is tremendously rare in numismatics circles and it hasn’t gone unnoticed by me. They have a vast knowledge of numismatics and a true love of it. I have nothing but positive things to say about them and wish them every success in the future. I will no doubt be back very soon to buy more products from them. ,
- Rashan O'Donnell ★☆☆☆☆ 8 months agoI can't tell you anything about their service because the man on the phone was not there when I arrived. His wife was there & informed me that she couldn't value my notes because her husband was not there. I felt like she … More was quite rude. I thought it was very bad customer service because I drove all the way from Adelaide city to get some notes valued.
The man there did aggressively told me that they were only open until 4. I arrived at 3.35. He did not say that he wouldn't be there. He was very rude.
In comparison to I.S. Wright in Adelaide Arcade, I walked in with the notes, they were friendly and were able to value the notes within 2 minutes.
I will not be going back to The Purple Penny again. I urge you to do the same.
Response to owner's answer: OK fair enough about having to pick up your kids from school, but it doesn't take much to be friendly which is 50% of good customer service.
- Greg Flavel ★★★★★ 8 months agoKathryn and Mark run a fabulous family owned business selling coins and collectables
ranging from centuries old right through to the latest Mint releases. Together they have an outstanding knowledge which they are keen to share and i look … More forward to the show and tell and chats on my visits.
If you want quality affordable items, shop front parking and friendly service go to the Purple Penny.
I'll be back, again and again.
- Ross Gowland ★★★★★ 9 months agoGreat service every time. Mark and Kathryn are knowledgeable and friendly. They always have a great variety of coins to purchase, and prices are fair. Always want to purchase more than I can. Look forward to dealing with ‘The Purple Penny’ … More in the future!
- Allan Northcott ★★★★★ 9 months agoMark and Kathryn are very friendly and knowledgeable a pleasure to deal with. Both of them help and encourage the casual or serious collector with a wide knowledge of coins , banknotes and other paraphernalia.
I highly recommend them to … More all.
- Bevan Clifford ★★★★★ 9 months agoFantastic shop with a extensive range all at very reasonable prices.
The owners are great people & very easy to deal with. Always willing to help and give great advice.
- Karen O'Callaghan ★★★★★ 9 months agoHighly recommend 'The Purple Penny' an absolutely fantastic business!! Both Mark and Kathryn are knowledgeable, honest, friendly and extremely helpful every time we come into the shop. Thank you to you both 🙂
- Mr McGregor ★★★★★ 11 months agoVery decent people, helpful, knowledgeable and fair. We would highly recommend The Purple Penny.
- paul ali ★★★★★ a year agoFriendly service and glad to catch up with owners as I had met them few years back highly recommend
- Lee Walker ★★★★★ a year agoPlaced an order with The Purple Penny. Found they acted very quickly to my requirements and was delivered to Melbourne in a very timely manor. Recommended.
- abhorrent behemoth ★★★★★ a year agoNice new shop with lots of Australian decimal and pre decimal coins and banknotes including new release R.A.M issues also some high grade World coins and many accessories , husband and wife team owners very nice and friendly people , highly … More recommend.
- J Ng ★★★★★ a year agoThe Purple Penny provides phenomenal customer service, fast postage with excellent packaging and easy communication. Not only that but they offer excellent prices on their items. Could not recommend a better coin shop. Items always arrive … More as described and the team are more than happy to answer any questions and provide help. A real family feel.